What is a Spiritual Companion/ Spiritual Director?
- -Spiritual companions support people on their spiritual journeys through life.
- -Spiritual companions are welcoming and present with those they companion, listening and responding without being judgmental.
- -Spiritual companions are contemplative and honor silence as a spiritual practice.
- -Spiritual companions recognize the agency of the people they companion.
- -Spiritual companions are intuitive spiritual friends — accountable and compassionate, hospitable and open, loving yet independent.
What is Spiritual Companionship?
Spiritual direction or companionship inspires people to experience authenticity in their lives as they connect with and explore the ground of all being, that deepest of truths which is beyond life and death and goes by many names, including God, and no name at all.
Inclusive ~ Genuine ~ Listening ~ Accepting ~ Contemplative ~ Wise
Why Work with a Spiritual Companion
- They offer deep listening which helps people find and follow their own spiritual path
- They ask insightful, open-ended questions that help people connect with their authentic selves
- They allow space for stillness and silence (contemplation) to help people become aware of what is deep within them
- They build trust and openness by being authentic, kind and open themselves
- They do not proselytize, nor seek to influence or convince, but instead walk alongside people as they make their individual and unique spiritual journeys
- They honor the free will and discernment of each human being, especially in spiritual matters
- They offer a mirror to those they companion so they may see themselves as whole beings if they so choose
- They help the people they accompany create a stronger relationship with self and others and God, or however they refer to the ground of all being.
**as defined by Spiritual Directors International https://www.sdiworld.org/find-a-spiritual-director/what-is-spiritual-direction"
*Disclaimer - I receive no compensation from sharing these resources. When researching and/or using any of these Favorites, www.melindahumbert.com assumes no responsibility for your experience or results. As you would with all consumed services, take an active, responsible role in discerning if the services are the desired fit for or appropriate your needs. These Favorites are only offered as information and are not to take the place of any recommendations or treatment one receives from his/her medical professionals.*