Hi! And Welcome!! I’m thrilled to connect with you here! It’s been a hearts passion and work to get to this point in my journey to be able to share and I’m so excited to be here! There are so many fun, exciting, and meaningful moments to share along the way of life’s journey.
But before we jump off into the topics dear to me, I would love to get to know each other better. In that spirit, here are top 20 random tid bits about Me.
20. If it’s on, the most likely show to be selected on the tv at 7 pm at our house is Big Bang Theory or Jeopardy
19. I enjoy cooking and making soups is one of my favorite things.
18. My familial tribe roots run through German, Irish, Scottish, British, Native American and other’s unknown, with parts of my family tree sinking back on North American soil to pre-revolutionary war days, and I am growing increasingly aware of the unfolding of what this did and does mean
17. My favorite drinks of choice are lattes of any make and a crisp, aromatic, and sweet glass of white wine.
16. I have clothes in my closet ranging from a size 16 to a size 22 depending on the weather season and my life’s “season.”
15. I still own and have every single school year book of my life - from kindergarden to 12th grade - yes, that’s 13 books I have lugged across mulptiple states and thousands of miles.
14. Though I’m more of a couch potato at my natural resting state kind of gal, I had a 4 year spurt when I was an active runner, including completing the 2004 Nike Women’s San Francisco Marathon (while I was living in Indiana), but I entered the parenting journey in 2006 and haven’t run a race since.
13. The first vinyl I ever owned was Whitney Houston (Whitney Houston) and the first cassette I ever owned was Purple Rain (Prince) - and it is way toooo sad that such musical genius are already gone.
12. I met my husband, an initial stranger, on a serendipitous moment that became a spontaneous dog walk.
11. I thought that I would be a much better parent than I am
10. I thought that I would be a much worse writer than I am
9. I can be my own worst critic
8. I can spend hours in thrift stores and farmers markets
7. Sarcasm is one of my favorite stress relievers
6. Speaking of stress relievers, nothing is better to relax than finding nature’s beautiful details
5. Did I say that I am a very stream of consciousness kind woman?
4. When I was in junior high, I thought that there “might” be a chance that those who swore would go to hell. Damn it! I was naieve.
3. People of all varieties, stripes, and dispositions are my jam. I’m an extrovert with a side of, silly, wanna-make-the-world-a-better-place.
2. I was “elected” Superintendent of Public Instruction at the 1991 Kentucky Girls State - a precursor to my heart for education for all.
1. Sacred space is something I am working on carving out more of in my life
What are the top tidbits to know about you?
Melinda is a recovering "normal" seeker, who is often distracted by unexpected moments of nature's beauty or questioning children